TIPS FOR HAVING A SUCCESSFUL BLOG
I’ve dedicated a great amount of my time learning how to grow my different social media outlets. Some have been successful, others not so much.
I’m far from being an expert. I’m much more of a novice blogger, but I’ve figured out how to grow your blog in a short amount of time.
Sometimes I find myself feeling lost and wishing that I had someone to network with. This page will be used for just that. To share ideas by commenting so we can all have the blog that we want…
We’re all learning together. Whether you have 10,000 followers or 1 there is plenty of room for growth.
THINGS THAT HAVE WORKED FOR ME
- Reading and contributing to other blogs. Leave thoughtful comments, like, then follow. In addition to adding WordPress followers I’ve also met some really amazing people!
- Selecting proper hashtags and not using to many. I try to see what’s trending for the day, and I select only relevant tags. Also, do not overuse hastags. Doing so will limit visibility of our post. WordPress limits using 5 – 15. I usually select 10 max per post.WordPress also recommends not using to many categories, because it will prevent our posts from being listed in topic listings.
- Register your website with Bing and Google. It helps with web visibility.
- Affiliate Marketing. I reach out only to companies I believe in. It helps me keep the integrity of my name. Affiliate marketing has allowed me to connect with companies and begin collaborations for future projects, which include guest writing on their blog.
- Capturing Emails. I’m still learning about this one, but by adding a contact form pop-up I have seen an increase in the number of emails that I collect. Emails allow us to notify readers when we share new posts, which will increase traffic.I use MailChimp and it’s free.
Share below what has worked for you, and please feel free to add anything that has worked for you.
You can also email me at email@example.com